Keeping it simple....
If I had a motto for my work, it would be that. Let's keep it simple. My photography style definitely reflects that. No fancy props and outfits, no fancy equipment, Just you, location, and light. We may be in the woods using natural to frame your beauty, or downtown capturing the charm of an old building with your family, or in your room, holding your newborn as the light pours in your window. Telling your story. Simply.
My love for photography came from my love of working with birthing families. The first moment I knew I wanted to explore learning about cameras, photo composition, and the "art" of taking great photos was when I attended my first birth as a doula. The rush of capturing the moment of birth. A moment that cannot be repeated, cannot be staged, and cannot be faked. This has continued to be true as I venture into other areas of photography. I just love moments as they happen. I specialize in documentary and lifestyle photography.
I am also passionate about memory preservation. Lets be real, digital is great, but its fragile, and so easily lost. Sessions with me always include at least 1 print. I wish I had more good photos of my family long gone. So their faces could remain, more than just in my mind. As a modern mom Im also guilty at times of not printing enough photos of my children. Relying on social media to "keep" my moments. From the pain of not having many images of my mother, inspiration came to create the "The Forget Me Not Project". Who's mission and purpose is creating easy, affordable ways for people to ensure their families have great portraits of them for generations to come. Id give about anything to have something like this of my mother.
After relocating to middle Tennessee, I took a break to help my family adjust, and get settled. But Im thrilled to behind the lens once again!
A few fun facts:
* Mom of 3 daughters. Ages 12, 10, and 5
*I live out in the "sticks" with my handsome fiancé whos a proud Union Millwright and my biggest fan
* Corgi Mom to my sweet Cardigan Welsh Corgi girl Dixie Darlin, and Pembroke Welsh Corgis, Bandit and Sophie.
* I've been a professional dog groomer since 2002 and am the Salon Manager, Educator, and lead groomer at one of the state's (if not the country's) finest luxury boarding facilities located in beautiful Franklin, TN.
*I volunteer my services to photograph rescue dogs needing home for ads in Nashville Paw Magazine
* I love plants, herbs in particular, Rosemary & Dandelions are my favorite. I'm very interested in herbalism and learning how to use plants for health and home.
* I'm a better than average singer. I sing to the dogs when I groom.
* I was born in, and lived my life in FL until January 2015. I LOVE Tennessee!!
* My favorite treat is gummy anything, but those blue and white sharks are my #1
* I would love to have a small farm one day and raise mini cows and bees. I would love sell honey, milk, and herbs and products crafted from them.
*I owned a professional Labor Doula & Birth Photography business in FL that was considered one of the best in the area.
* I love waking up for work each day. I love what I do. Not many people can say that, so I consider myself blessed!